Eye Shakespeare App
Want to see Stratford-upon-Avon in a completely new way? Download Eye Shakespeare, an innovative, free app designed for iphone and ipad, which showcases the treasures of the Shakespeare Birthplace Trust in a unique street guide to Shakespeare's Stratford.
- Choose from seven languages (English, Chinese, Japanese, French, German, Spanish and Italian)
- Explore Stratford's past with the aid of our virtual guides and four period maps of the town
- View stunning images of our treasures, such as Shakespeare's gold signet ring and the only surviving letter written to the poet
- Buy Stratford souvenirs or create your own personalised photograph with William Shakespeare
- See what Shakespeare's last home looked like using a cutting-edge augmented reality model
- Find out what’s on in Stratford and where to eat, drink and stay
- Book events and theatre tickets
The app uses the latest mobile phone technology – including augmented reality and QR scanning - to facilitate a unique collections-based walking tour of Stratford-upon-Avon, encompassing thirteen key sites including Shakespeare’s Birthplace, Anne Hathaway’s Cottage, Holy Trinity Church, and the RSC. See over 200 treasures from the Trust’s collections as you wander through places with strong connections to the objects.
Want to continue your journey? Visit one of Shakespeare's Family Homes or visit the Library and Archive to see at first hand some of the treasures pictured in Eye Shakespeare.
Eye Shakespeare has been created as part of Shakespeare Byte Size, a partnership project led by the Shakespeare Birthplace Trust, and Coventry University, Hewlett Packard, and Danwood. Eye Shakespeare is part-funded by the Technology Strategy Board.